Launched in 2016, our Tidelines Journey Residency is a nomadic group residency program which utilizes the Alaska Marine Highway to travel through a number of small communities in the course of a month. This is a collaborative residency program designed to give the group of travelers the chance to investigate a theme of particular relevance in the Southeast Alaskan setting while also fostering dialogue and exchange within the communities that we visit.
We are now accepting applications for the 2017 Tidelines Journey. Deadline for applications is November 20, 2016 at 11:59pm AKST. Please click here to proceed to the application area.
Support the Journey!
Our 2016 trip was made possible by:
- by Rasmuson Foundation through the Harper Arts Touring Fund, administered, under contract, by the Alaska State Council of the Arts.
- by Alaska Conservation Foundation, through their support of the Island Institute through an Organizational Capacity grant in 2015
- by an anonymous individual donor through the Juneau Community Foundation
- by a network of individual donors
- by everybody who joined us for the events, spread the word, or followed along at home
Thank you. If you would like to contribute to the 2017 tour, you can make a donation by clicking here.